Interested in Joining?
Step 1: New Member Orientation
Attend the New Member Orientation after worship on Sunday, May 7, 11:45-1:45 in the Media Room of the Pilgrim Center. Lunch included. Childcare available upon request. During this program, you will learn about the history and theology of our denomination, the United Church of Christ, as well as the identity and traditions of our local congregation. Come with questions!
RSVP, including childcare request, to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 3, so that we can plan for your participation.
Step 2: Reception of New Members
New Members will join in a ceremony that is part of our 10:30 worship service on Sunday, May 21. Note: We need to know by noon on Wednesday, May 17, whether you are planning to join.
Step 3: Participate in the Life of the Church
We welcome your full participation as a member in the life of our church. As members, we challenge ourselves to:
- Attend Sunday services regularly
- Deepen spiritually by participating in one church initiative
- Serve faithfully with the church in the wider community
- Give generously of our financial resources
- Aspire to a leadership role
- Tell others about the church and why it means so much to us
Frequently Asked Questions…
- 1. What if I can’t make it to the orientation?
Our next New Member Orientation will be later in the Fall.
- 2. What if I can’t make it to the joining ceremony?
We’ll have you join in absentia, then introduce you on a subsequent Sunday.
- 3. Do my kids join with me?
While all baptized people, including infants, are members of the Body of Christ, local church membership is for anyone over confirmation age (14 or so). Children are invited to join us for the orientation lunch and we would love for them to be with you during the joining ceremony.
- 4. What if I still have questions after the orientation?
Our pastors can be available during the week, in person or over the phone, to continue in conversation.
Please contact the church office or call the office at 707.823.2484 if you have any questions.