For more information or to get involved in any of our Care Ministries, please contact Pastor Rachel at PastorRachel@uccseb.org.
Kindred Group Program provides neighborhood-based circles of care. All people in the congregation are placed in Kindred Groups based on where they live. Each Kindred Group is named after a variety of apple, including the Braeburns, Granny Smiths, Galas, and more. Kindred Group Leaders organize their groups to provide care for other members of the group when there is an illness or other need, and in non-pandemic times Kindred Groups usher worship services together and gather socially once per year.
Visitation Ministry Team members make monthly home visits to elders who live alone or in care facilities. Visitation Ministers offer a caring presence to the most vulnerable members of our congregation, reaching out in Christian friendship and love. In pandemic times, our Visitation Ministers are making phonecalls, sending cards, and holding Visitation receivers in the light of prayer.
Prayer Shawl Ministry Team creates beautiful handmade prayer shawls as a symbol of God’s love and the comfort of community. The Prayer Shawl Ministry Team meets regularly to knit and crochet. The Pastors help identify and distribute prayer shawls to those who could use a reminder that they are wrapped in God’s love. For more information about how to join the Prayer Shawl Ministry Team, or if you know someone who could benefit from receiving one, please contact Pastor Rachel.
Noonday Prayer offers a moment of prayerful respite, online every Tuesday at 12 Noon during the pandemic. Come, nourish your soul with contemplative prayer practices in a community of care. Click Here to Join Noonday Prayer.
Other Care & Fellowship Ministries and Programs include...
- Congregational Life Team, which creates opportunities for connection during the pandemic, with programs like online games night, online wine tasting, and more
- Kinship Time, a moment of conversation following online worship
- Apple Pie Fundraiser, an all-ages, church-wide, pie-making extravaganza, every August during the Sebastopol Apple Fair Festival
- Easter Lily & Christmas Poinsettia Delivery, flowers delivered to home-bound members during the holidays
- Women’s Fellowship & Women’s Retreat, and Men’s Discussion Group & Men’s Retreat, groups to deepen relationship and spirituality
- Family Camp, an all-ages church-wide weekend of camping, worship, and community building at our denomination’s Camp Cazadero